St. George, Utah … LTR brought their early season fitness! Ben Swain, Will Swain, and Jonah Howe showed everyone how their winter training programs were working out. First race of the year, and everyone was on the podium! Way to go!
Take a look at the menu bar above! We added a navigation tab so you can see the Athletes on the team.
Don’t see your name? Well get on it! Follow this link to apply for Team membership.
Curious about what being on a team is about? Follow our about us link.
We have had a lot of fun on a great group ride on Sundays. Come join us this Sunday 02/16/2014. Plan on leaving the LTR Sports shop at 11am sharp! Nice z2 ride on the farm roads out towards Fruita / Utah.
It’s going to be a great 2014! Let’s get out there!
Adam Sczech of LTR Sports will be giving a presentation on the mechanics of proper cycling on 2/13 at 6:00 p.m. at LTR Sports. Topics discussed in the presentation will include: Form, Technique, Power Production, and Musculature.
LTR Sports – 2470 Patterson Road, Suite #3, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (970)257-7678
Thanks to everyone that came out to talk about the up coming 2014 season!
There was lot’s of good ideas shared, and everyone had some great input on what we can do during the upcoming year.
- Join the team! – We have a lot of really great athletes with backgrounds in Road, Mountain, CX, Tri. Being on a team is a great way to share information. You can now join completely online, in two easy steps.
- Masters Road Racing – There are over 100 races on the calendar each year. Heck, a lot of them are time trials and hill climbs so if racing shoulder to shoulder is not your interest, try a time trial or hill climb. Curious? Contact Ed Chamberlin – echamberlin@
chamberlinarchitects.com , or Mike Driver - email@example.com
- Calendar – We have populated a lot of races within a 200 mile or so radius. We shared a few other races / rides that will be populated as in the next week or so. Going to a race / ride? Let your team members know and maybe we can travel together.
- Forum – Team members have access to our team forums. Great place to share rides, travel, plans, etc.
- Rumble at 18 Road – April 19 – This is your hometown Mountain Bike Race. Last year we saw 350 athletes from 15 states. We are a USA Cycling Nationals Qualifier, and are officially a part of the Intermountain Cup Race series. Let’s make this coming year even better!
- Devo Rides – Several people were interested in leading group rides. The forums will be a great way to share information! As dates / times / contact information develop, we will put them on the calendar.
- Team Kits – Primal is our partner. We have made our pre-season pricing available for kits purchased by 21 Jan 2014. BTW, this year we have Free Ride Jerseys!
- Gunny Enduro – May 10, 2014
- Spring Training – Tentative dates are set 30 Mar – 06 Apr. Not a lot of information yet. Stay tuned as we firm up a few details.
We tried to cover it all. See you out there!
Are you curious about being a team member? See those jerseys out there, and wonder what the hub-bub is about?
There is no better way to gain skills, fitness, and test your metal, er scratch that, carbon fiber than to line up for a race. Being a part of the LTR team is a great way to share and learn information from other athletes in your sport.
Who are we looking for? Specifically, YOU! Existing team members, new team members, yes! Our valley has a rich pedigree in endurance athletes, mixed with emerging endurance athletes.
Find out what being an LTR Athlete is, share ideas, schedules, rides, lodging, everything except your gear. Some of the disciplines on tap:
- Masters Road Racing, check!
- Triathlon, check!
- Running, check!
- Mountain Biking, check! (Mike authored this post and put this topic last to let the emerging disciplines get some traction).
We want you here, come join us!
Need a ride to a race? Looking to share accommodations? Going for a long ride this weekend and want company? We have a way to get your message out to everyone on the team.
Our website is now hosting our forums. What do you need to do? That is the easiest part, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Include something clever like sign me up in the subject line, and your name in the body. We will then send an email invitation to you to accept. Once you are set up, you can post or respond to messages in the Team Forums. Yup, it is just that easy. Uses your existing email, instant notification, no need to log in to check on the status, just works!
What are you waiting for? If you’re a team member, or considering being a team member submit your request to email@example.com
For those types of people that need to be more complicated, you can find all the details on our forum page located here: http://livetrainrace.com/wordp/forums/
Event date is set for 19 April, 2014. Online registration opens 13 December, 2014 at 7pm mst!
Get yourself registered, we will fill up quickly!
Event details, and registration can be found here:
Come join the Team! We have set up group at Garmin. Join the group, and let’s see your workouts.Garmin Connect – LTR.
Great race, good times, really fun course. More information and registration here: